Georgia State is committed to the highest standards of excellence, integrity, accountability and respect throughout its operations. Dedicated to its mission of transforming the System, changing lives and strengthening the state, the University System of Georgia expects and requires its employees to report suspected malfeasance, violation of federal and state law or other wrongdoing on the part of any employee or member of the Georgia State community.
Examples of what kind of activity should be reported:
- Alteration or falsification of documents
- False claims or reimbursement requests
- Theft of any asset
- Inappropriate use of computer systems
- Violation of state or federal laws
- Violation of the USG ethics policy
- Any misuse of federal funds.
Report violations of policies and procedures to the appropriate Georgia State office:
- Incidents involving computer or network security breaches – Technology Services
- Incidents involving violation of environmental compliance requirements – Office of Research and Environmental Safety
The University Ethics Policy mandates reporting wrongdoing to the proper authority while protecting those who do report violations from retaliation. Georgia State employees should report suspected malfeasance on the part of an employee using any of the options outlined.
Download Hotline Reporting Information.
Incidents may be reported anonymously by phone or Internet using the Georgia State Ethics Hotline
1-877-217-4674 or https://gsu.alertline.com/gcs/welcome
- Fraud, waste, abuse and organizational misconduct – University Auditing and Advisory Services – [email protected], 404-413-1310
- Organizational misconduct – Office of Legal Affairs – [email protected], 404-413-0500
- Data breach or cyber-attack – IIT Technology Services – [email protected]
- Environmental hazard or noncompliance – Office of Research and Environmental Safety – 404-413-3540
- Research misconduct/conflict of interest – Office of Research Integrity – [email protected], 404-413-0500
- Discrimination and harassment (faculty/staff) – director of AA/EEO investigations and hiring, [email protected], 404-413-0500
- Discrimination and harassment (students) – Dean of Students, [email protected], 404-413-1515
- Employment discrimination investigations and hiring, director AA/EEO Training and Compliance, [email protected], 404-413-2562
- Emergency or crime in progress – Georgia State police at 404-413-3333 or 3333
- NCAA violation – [email protected], 404-413-4010
- Accessibility and accommodation – [email protected], 404-413-3321